Asthma Action Plans Caroline Springs | Active Medical
Does your child have Asthma?
Schools, Kindergartens and Childcare Centres require Asthma Action Plans for students who are asthmatic prior to commencing.
What is an Asthma Action Plan?
An Asthma Action Plan is an initiative started by the National Asthma Council to help people better control their symptoms. The idea behind the plan is to put in place a strategy for the day to day management of Asthma; including days when our asthma is stable and days when it seems worse.
How common is Asthma?
According to the Australian Institute of Welfare and Health – 1 in 10 Australians are affected by Asthma.
Where can I go if I suspect my child is asthmatic?
Please come and see your doctor if you:
- Have asthma and don’t have an asthma action plan.
- Haven’t reviewed your medications for a year or more and are low on asthma medications. Your doctor can review your current dose to stop, reduce or increase depending on your clinical history and situation.
- Suffer from coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath.
- Are using Ventolin at a daily or even weekly rate.
- Would like to understand how to identify asthma symptoms – so you can better care for your health, as well as your family.
Asthma can be managed with the right medical advice so it’s important to work together your doctor to get on top of your symptoms.
Are Asthma Action Plans Bulk Billed?
Asthma Action Plans are BULK BILLED for all patients who are asthmatic and have a current Medicare card.
Active Medical is located at 228 – 232 Caroline Springs Blvd, Caroline Springs. ONLINE BOOKINGS can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week or phone our friendly team on 9363 0954 for a booking.