Seasonal allergies trigger asthma, eczema and hayfever
As spring blooms, so do allergies that trigger asthma, eczema and hayfever.
When spring blossom begins, GPs see an increase in patients needing help with allergies brought on by airborne allergens that can trigger an allergic response.
Allergies can trigger asthma, a condition that should never be under-estimated. Those who suffer the effects of asthma, eczema or hayfever should talk to their doctor about the most suitable treatment. In some cases a preventative approach may be necessary to lessen the chance of a more serious response to an allergy trigger.
Caroline Springs Doctors say that the unpredictability of allergies such as those that trigger asthma, meant your past symptoms may not be a true indicator of the severity of a future attack – so it was best to be prepared with an asthma action plan and medication on-hand, just in case.
There is certainly a link between allergies and medical conditions such as asthma, eczema and hayfever. Asthmatics need to take care in keeping on top of their symptoms during the onset of spring.
Allergy-induced asthma, eczema and hayfever can begin at any age – if you notice a child with symptoms, it is essential to seek medical advice as soon as you can. Same goes for adults – just because you didn’t suffer from, asthma, eczema or hayfever as a child, doesn’t mean it’s not going to affect you as an adult.
You need to see your GP if you:
- Suffer from wheezing or shortness of breath
- You are asthmatic and don’t have an asthma action plan
- Are low on asthma medications, or haven’t reviewed your medications for a year or more
- Have an itchy skin condition, or have a child with dry, itchy patches of skin
- Suffer with a runny nose and itchy eyes
- Would like to understand how to identify allergy symptoms that can trigger asthma, eczema and hayfever – so you can better care for your health, as well as your children.
Allergies can all be treated with the right medical advice so it’s important to work together with a GP to get on top of your symptoms and find relief.
Don’t put up with asthma, eczema or hayfever symptoms. Make a bulk billed appointment and speak to your GP by phoning 9363 0954, booking online or visiting Active Medical at 228 – 232 Caroline Springs Blvd, Caroline Springs.